It’s not that I don’t like Mondays, I do, it’s just that sometimes they come on too quick and in their haste they lay waste to my laziness. Which, really looking at it, I suppose is a good thing.
Today’s post is about the things I do to get around myself, or rather that part of myself that would rather go swimming than look at another rewrite session. I just feel stuck in constant rewrite mode as of late. So on with the list because I’m all about the lists. 🙂
In order to side track my side tracking I:
1. Read on-line for about 20 minutes then read my own work for the same amount of time.
2. Tell myself that if I’m not writing then I should rearrange the hallway closet. (blech!)
3. Look at the other tasks on my to-do lists. (Did I mention I like lists?) I see that the hallway closet is still on the list so I put the list down and slowly back away from it. Decide that the rewriting is more beneficial.
4. Trim and weed the garden for 15 minutes then read my work for the same amount of time.
5. Remind myself that the sooner I get done with this project I can get to the other ones waiting in the wings of my writer’s brain.
6. Convert my poetry files from Word Perfect documents to Word documents. It’s boring so I get tired of it rather quick so I run back to the rewrites.
7. Scare myself by making the statement that if I don’t get the rewrites finished my sister is probably going to smack me. (not really. she wouldn’t resort to physical violence just to get me to finish the story so she can see how it all ends. Or..hmmm?)
8. Just say no to endless surfing on You Tube. Which by the way is where I found this fun video. . And this one Oh yeah this one too cute… . You see I get stuck there so easy.
9. Make the realization that if I’m not writing then I am not a happy kind of person to be around. And since I want to be around others I need to write (or rewrite lol) so that the attitude of snarkiness does not take center stage.
So there you have it. Hopefully I have made you smile on a Monday. 🙂 I did. So what are you doing today?